BiofloraXam® is an integrated therapy of gut microbiota, for a complete solution.
The gut microbiome is present in every individual from birth. From then on the good and bad bacteria that form depend on the nutrition of the individual. This continues throughout our lives and while nutrition plays an important role so do other environmental factors. There are many environmental factors which can have a negative effect on our intestinal health and gut microbiome:
- diets which are high in processed foods, refined carbohydrates, and sugar wreak havoc on our intestinal health;
- chronic stress and infections also affect the bacteria within our guts;
- various toxins in our diets like wheat or manufactured seed oils can disrupt our intestinal health by causing leaky gut;
- another factor for poor intestinal health is the lack of fermented foods in our diet;
- taking antibiotics (although these can be life-saving) will wipe out all bacteria in the gut, not just the disease infecting ones; therefore, it is wise to take a probiotic supplement to help repair and re-balance your gut bacteria after a course of antibiotics.
All these factors, alter the balance of gut flora, with consequences on the function and reduction of the mucus layer of colon (1), a physical barrier essential to keep billions of bacteria in functional balance.
A healthy intestinal tract keeps good and bad gut bacteria contained so they do not migrate into the bloodstream. Within the small and large intestines are areas where the presence of gut bacteria is normal, but when intestinal health is jeopardized they can escape. This happens when the intestinal barrier is disrupted and causes many of the health problems we see today. This is referred to as Leaky Gut Syndrome.
The lining of our small intestine has small finger like projections called villi which help in the absorption of digested foods. When the environment in our gut is disrupted and inflamed the villi become flattened and are unable to function adequately. This allows some bacteria or even minute food particles to permeate the lining and feed into the blood stream. When the immune system senses foreign bodies in the blood stream it immediately releases histamines to combat the invader and can set up problems with such things as allergies.
The following is a list of diseases which may surface if we experience leaky gut syndrome:
- problems with fluctuating weight;
- various skin problems (psoriasis/eczema);
- heart failure;
- thyroid problems;
- problems with joints (rheumatoid arthritis);
- various mental health problems (depression, brain fog);
- celiac disease;
These problems can occur because when the intestinal barrier is penetrated not only can it cause leaky gut syndrome, but also affects other organs and tissues.
BiofloraXam® pack contains 10 probiotic capsules (Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Lactobacillus reuteri) and 10 tablets with a specific mixture of prebiotic fibers.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG) is the world’s best documented probiotic strain. It has been used in food and dietary supplements since 1990, has been described in more than 1000 scientific publications and studied in more than 300 clinical studies.
Lactobacillus reuteri is among the most scientifically well-documented probiotic in the world with regard to both efficacy and safety, tested in infants, children and adults.
The BiofloraXam® tablet is a particular mixture of fibers used to create a water-solid colloid, which is at the same time nourishment, vehicle and protection for probiotic bacteria to the colon. A selective culture (a version of the MRS medium) designed to favour the luxuriant growth of Lactobacilli using elements of vegetal origin: potato proteins (composition of AA similar to the yeast protein), pectins, Guar Gum, maltodextrin, and microcrystalline cellulose.
The ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate has two components:
- ornithine is an amino acid precursor to the synthesis of glutamic acid and arginine, from which they originate detoxifying ammonia. It is not present in food proteins, needs to protect and nourish the enterocyte;
- alpha-ketoglutarate is a metabolic nourishment both for probiotics and the enterocytes, in addition it facilitates the elimination of ammonia produced during digestion.
HOW TO USE
1 probiotic capsule together with 1 tablet of prebiotics per day.
Based on response or indication, the dosage can be increased up to 3 daily doses. For a greater effectiveness, the product should be preferably taken after meal.
Probiotic dietary supplement – PARAF code 941786927
- Chew SY et al. Probiotic Lactobacillus Rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus Reuteri RC-14 exhibit strong antifungal effects against vulvovaginal candidiasis-causing Candida glabrata isolates. J Appl Microbiol 2015; 118(5):1180-90.
- Rezapour M et al. Diverticular Disease: An Update on Pathogenesis and Management. Gut Liver 2018; 12(2):125-132.
- Goldenberg JZ et al. Probiotics for the prevention of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea in adults and children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2017; 12:CD006095.
- Pasini E, Dioguardi FS et al. Pathogenic Gut Flora in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure. JACC Heart Fail 2016; 4(3):220-7.
- Delgado S et al. Probiotic and technological properties of Lactobacillus spp. strains from the human stomach in the search for potential candidates against gastric microbial dysbiosis. Front Microbiol 2015; 5:766.
- Cao H et al. Dysbiosis contributes to chronic constipation development via regulation of serotonin transporter in the intestine. Sci Rep 2017; 7(1):10322.
- Lopez-Jornet P, Soler Tornero C. Is Lactobacillus reuteri administration beneficial to oral candida levels? Int J Dermatol 2018; 57(2):e5-e7.
- Pasini E, Dioguardi FS et al. Malnutrition and Gut Flora Dysbiosis: Specific Therapies for Emerging Comorbidities in Heart Failure. Biomed Res Int 2015; 2015:382585.l
- Schroeder BO et al. Bifidobacteria or Fiber Protects against Diet-Induced Microbiota-Mediated Colonic Mucus Deterioration. Cell Host Microbe 2018; 23(1):27-40.e7.